Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Billie J Rinaldi <bi...@ugov.gov> on 2012/02/29 16:52:43 UTC

[VOTE] accumulo graduation

Apache Accumulo began incubation in September 2011.  Since then, our community has been active and we have voted in one new committer and seen 10 new contributors.  We have made one release.  Per the graduation guidelines, http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html, please vote on the submission of the following resolution to the IPMC.

[  ] +1 Recommend to the IPMC that Apache Accumulo is ready to graduate
[  ] +0
[  ] -1 Do not recommend to the IPMC that Apache Accumulo graduate

This vote will remain open for 72 hours.

Billie

    X. Establish the Apache Accumulo Project

       open-source software related to a robust, scalable distributed
       key/value store with cell-based access control and customizable
       server-side processing for distribution at no charge to the
       public.

       Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Accumulo Project",
       Foundation; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache Accumulo Project be and hereby is
       related to a robust, scalable distributed key/value store with
       cell-based access control and customizable server-side processing
       and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Accumulo" be
       and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
       serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
       of the Apache Accumulo Project, and to have primary responsibility
       for management of the projects within the scope of
       responsibility of the Apache Accumulo Project; and be it further

       Apache Accumulo Project:

         * Aaron Cordova             <ac...@apache.org>
         * Adam Fuchs                <af...@apache.org>
         * Billie Rinaldi            <bi...@apache.org>
         * Chris Waring              <ca...@apache.org>
         * Eric Newton               <ec...@apache.org>
         * Keith Turner              <kt...@apache.org>
         * David Medinets            <me...@apache.org>
         * John Vines                <vi...@apache.org>

       NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Billie Rinaldi
       be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Accumulo, to
       serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
       death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
       or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Accumulo PMC be and hereby is
       tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
       encourage open development and increased participation in the
       Apache Accumulo Project; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache Accumulo Project be and hereby
       Incubator Accumulo podling; and be it further

       Incubator Accumulo podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
       Project are hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] accumulo graduation

Posted by Michael Van Geertruy <mv...@comcast.net>.
+1 (Non-binding)

Likes:

    - Aggregates a number of open-source projects to perform a very
    specific and needed task,
    - Provides the integration and versioning of aggregated projects
    creating the integration code needed  between them,
    - Innovates by providing a solution to Cloud data security,
    - Represents a solid donation of code from a Government entity and
    creates a test-case for the donation of publicly funded applications
    back to the public,
    - Multiple code donations around-the-clock indicate that the
    contributor and committer base is growing and strong.

Concerns:

    - lack of current documentation makes this tool difficult to set up
    and run,
    - multiple Jenkins build failures over the past few months indicate
    a need for a more comprehensive check-in policy which would likely
    be added to the bylaws.

Good job folks, keep up the improvements!

Mike Van
ASF Committer - Kalumet
ASF Contributor - Karaf

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
+1

Regards,
Alan

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] accumulo graduation

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
general@, can we just use this thread now for the incubator vote?

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
+1 from a mentor.

Posted by Adam Fuchs <ad...@ugov.gov>.
[X] +1 Recommend to the IPMC that Apache Accumulo is ready to graduate

Adam

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
+1

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.
[X] +1 Recommend to the IPMC that Apache Accumulo is ready to graduate

I'm not sure if my vote counts. But you've got it anyway.

Re: [VOTE] accumulo graduation

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by John Vines <jo...@ugov.gov>.
+1

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
I shadow this, I am keen to put in my non-binding opinion regarding Apache
Accumulo, anytime. I wish the development and user community the best.

*Lewis*

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] accumulo graduation

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hi Billie,

WWW:   http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] accumulo graduation

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hi Billie,

Posted by Joey Echeverria <jo...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Billie J Rinaldi
<bi...@ugov.gov> wrote:
> [...]
>
>       NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Billie Rinaldi
>       be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Accumulo, to
>       serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
>       Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
>       death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
>       or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>       RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Accumulo PMC be and hereby is
>       tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
>       encourage open development and increased participation in the
>       Apache Accumulo Project; and be it further
>
>       RESOLVED, that the Apache Accumulo Project be and hereby
>       is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>       Incubator Accumulo podling; and be it further
>
>       RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
>       Incubator Accumulo podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

Joseph Echeverria
Cloudera, Inc.
443.305.9434

Re: [VOTE] accumulo graduation