Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Devraj Mukherjee <de...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/22 22:41:26 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_dav_svn configuration to support multiple repositories

Hi all,

I have been successfully running mod_dav_svn locally at work and so
far we have been using a single Subversion repository to store all our
projects, but as work is growing we wish to run separate repos for
various groups here.

As far as I can see I have to make Location tag entries for each
repository that I would like Apache to serve.

Is it possible to configure mod_dav_svn such that I can use the
equivalent of ReWrite rules in the Location tag and dynamically map
back the URL to a destination repository?

Any suggestions + experiences would be helpful. I am trying to make
the configuration of the server bullet proof so  my users can create
repositories and the Apache server honours them without any
configuration changes.

Not sure if its even possible.

--
"I never look back darling, it distracts from the now", Edna Mode (The
Incredibles)

Re: [users@httpd] mod_dav_svn configuration to support multiple repositories

Posted by Devraj Mukherjee <de...@gmail.com>.
> If all repositories live in the same directory you can use the
> SVNParentPath directove.
> In the other case you will have to use seperate <location> blocks, as
> they tell apache to hand over handling of a particular url to mod_svn,
> something you can't do with mod_rewrite.

Appreciate your response.

Inside a Location tag I might be able to use the URL environment
variables and parse out the repository that they are trying to access
to implement authentication against MySQL or LDAP.

Am I on the right track there?

Thanks.

Posted by Krist van Besien <kr...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 10:41 PM, Devraj Mukherjee <de...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been successfully running mod_dav_svn locally at work and so
> far we have been using a single Subversion repository to store all our
> projects, but as work is growing we wish to run separate repos for
> various groups here.
>
> As far as I can see I have to make Location tag entries for each
> repository that I would like Apache to serve.
>
> Is it possible to configure mod_dav_svn such that I can use the
> equivalent of ReWrite rules in the Location tag and dynamically map
> back the URL to a destination repository?
>
> Any suggestions + experiences would be helpful. I am trying to make
> the configuration of the server bullet proof so  my users can create
> repositories and the Apache server honours them without any
> configuration changes.

If all repositories live in the same directory you can use the
SVNParentPath directove.
In the other case you will have to use seperate <location> blocks, as
they tell apache to hand over handling of a particular url to mod_svn,
something you can't do with mod_rewrite.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
krist@vanbesien.org