Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by David Bosschaert <da...@iona.com> on 2008/10/08 17:35:24 UTC

[DOSGi] patch for CXF-1851

Hi all,

I attached a patch to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-1851

Would greatly appreciate if someone could apply it.
Thanks!

David

----------------------------
Registered Number: 171387

Re: [DOSGi] patch for CXF-1851

Posted by Eoghan Glynn <eo...@iona.com>.
Thanks David, patch is applied.

/Eoghan

David Bosschaert wrote:
> Hi Eoghan,
>
> Yes, the patch contained fairly complex moves of a number of XML files,
> which involved moving them to new directories etc.
>
> To get around the problem, I have created a new patch that was created
> without using moves (I simply copied the file and deleted the original).
> This causes some history to be lost, but this only concerns some XML
> metadata files. I hope this is acceptable.
>
> The patch to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-1851 is called
> 'remote_services_location_nomoves.patch'.
>
> Hope this works.
>
> Cheers,
>
> David
>
> Eoghan Glynn wrote:
>>
>> Did you do the moves as a single step, or more like moving a to c via:
>>
>> mv a b
>> mv b c
>>

>> David Bosschaert wrote:
>>> Yeah, I moved intent-map.xml from META-INF/osgi into a new directory
>>> called OSGI-INF/cxf/intents in a few places. I also moved
>>> remote-services.xml from META-INF/osgi to OSGI-INF/remote-services in
>>> a few places...
>>>
>>> FYI I created the patch using Tortoise 1.5.0 on Windows...
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> David

> ----------------------------
> Registered Number: 171387

----------------------------
Registered Number: 171387

Re: [DOSGi] patch for CXF-1851

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@iona.com>.
Hi Eoghan,

Eoghan Glynn wrote:

> Did you do the moves as a single step, or more like moving a to c via:
>
> mv a b
> mv b c
>

> David Bosschaert wrote:
>> Yeah, I moved intent-map.xml from META-INF/osgi into a new directory
>> called OSGI-INF/cxf/intents in a few places. I also moved
>> remote-services.xml from META-INF/osgi to OSGI-INF/remote-services in
>> a few places...
>>
>> FYI I created the patch using Tortoise 1.5.0 on Windows...
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> David
>>
>> Eoghan Glynn wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks David,
>>>
>>> However svn-apply got a bit confused when I tried to apply the patch.
>>>
>>> Did you create some new elements in your working copy and then move
>>> them a different directory?
>>>
>>> For example, svn-apply complains that the patch attempts to delete
>>> the non-existent:
>>>
>>> dsw/cxf-dsw/src/main/resources/OSGI-INF/cxf/intent-map.xml
>>>
>>> i.e. this file is non-existent in the master repo, but presumably
>>> existed as a new element in your working copy before being moved
>>> (which in SVN terms maps onto an add and delete).
>>>
>>> I'm not sure how to proceed with this one. Can any of the SVN gurus
>>> in the community comment?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Eoghan

----------------------------
Registered Number: 171387

RE: [DOSGi] patch for CXF-1851

Posted by "Soltysik, Seumas" <Se...@iona.com>.
I think this tool is designed to help with the creation and application
of more complicated changes such as you are dealing with.
http://www.orcaware.com/svn/wiki/Svnmerge.py

Re: [DOSGi] patch for CXF-1851

Posted by Eoghan Glynn <eo...@iona.com>.

David Bosschaert wrote:
> Yeah, I moved intent-map.xml from META-INF/osgi into a new directory
> called OSGI-INF/cxf/intents in a few places. I also moved
> remote-services.xml from META-INF/osgi to OSGI-INF/remote-services in a
> few places...
>
> FYI I created the patch using Tortoise 1.5.0 on Windows...
>
> Cheers,
>
> David
>
> Eoghan Glynn wrote:
>>
>> Thanks David,
>>
>> However svn-apply got a bit confused when I tried to apply the patch.
>>
>> Did you create some new elements in your working copy and then move
>> them a different directory?
>>
>> For example, svn-apply complains that the patch attempts to delete the
>> non-existent:
>>
>> dsw/cxf-dsw/src/main/resources/OSGI-INF/cxf/intent-map.xml
>>
>> i.e. this file is non-existent in the master repo, but presumably
>> existed as a new element in your working copy before being moved
>> (which in SVN terms maps onto an add and delete).
>>
>> I'm not sure how to proceed with this one. Can any of the SVN gurus in
>> the community comment?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Eoghan
>>

>> David Bosschaert wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I attached a patch to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-1851
>>>
>>> Would greatly appreciate if someone could apply it.
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> David
>>>
>>> ----------------------------
>>> IONA Technologies PLC (registered in Ireland)
>>> Registered Number: 171387
>>> Registered Address: The IONA Building, Shelbourne Road, Dublin 4,
>>> Ireland
>>
>> ----------------------------
>> Registered Number: 171387
>> Registered Address: The IONA Building, Shelbourne Road, Dublin 4, Ireland
>>

> ----------------------------
> Registered Number: 171387

----------------------------
Registered Number: 171387

Re: [DOSGi] patch for CXF-1851

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@iona.com>.

Eoghan Glynn wrote:

> Thanks David,
>
> However svn-apply got a bit confused when I tried to apply the patch.
>
> Did you create some new elements in your working copy and then move
> them a different directory?
>
> For example, svn-apply complains that the patch attempts to delete the
> non-existent:
>
> dsw/cxf-dsw/src/main/resources/OSGI-INF/cxf/intent-map.xml
>
> i.e. this file is non-existent in the master repo, but presumably
> existed as a new element in your working copy before being moved
> (which in SVN terms maps onto an add and delete).
>
> I'm not sure how to proceed with this one. Can any of the SVN gurus in
> the community comment?
>
> Cheers,
> Eoghan
>

> David Bosschaert wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I attached a patch to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-1851
>>
>> Would greatly appreciate if someone could apply it.
>> Thanks!
>>
>> David
>>
>> ----------------------------
>> Registered Number: 171387
>> Registered Address: The IONA Building, Shelbourne Road, Dublin 4,
>> Ireland
>
> ----------------------------
> Registered Number: 171387

----------------------------
Registered Number: 171387

Re: [DOSGi] patch for CXF-1851

Posted by Eoghan Glynn <eo...@iona.com>.
Thanks David,

David Bosschaert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I attached a patch to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-1851
>
> Would greatly appreciate if someone could apply it.
> Thanks!
>
> David

> Registered Number: 171387

Registered Number: 171387