Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "F. Da Costa Gomez" <dc...@fixed.com> on 2003/06/09 13:59:47 UTC

What DTD's to use with 3.0b1a?

Hi,

After spending too much cycles on trying to switch from 2.4 to 3.0 I'm
left with one major Q.

I modified the specs as follows:
.application => take out the 1.4 DTD and replace with 3.0 *application* DTD
.jwc=> take out the 1.4 DTD and replace with 3.0
*component-specification* DTD
.page=> take out the 1.4 DTD and replace with 3.0 *page-specification* DTD

Also modded java-type into type (althouhg the doc did not show this,
maybe I have to send in a buggy).
Did the same for some other areas where the (Eclipse) xml-checker choked.
After all was fine (from a check p.o.v) there was no starting up the app
anymore.

If the above is not the correct route into 3.0 then what is??
I love going fwd but right now I a tad stuck.

TIA
Fermin DCG

Home.page spec:
============
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE page-specification PUBLIC "-//Apache Software
Foundation//Tapestry Specification 3.0//EN"
"http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/Tapestry_3_0.dtd">

<page-specification class="org.dcg.platform.Home"  >
</page-specification>

Startup app error msg
================
org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationRuntimeException
Could not parse specification classpath:/org/dcg/platform/Home.page.

org.apache.tapestry.util.xml.DocumentParseException
Error at (4, -1: Document classpath:/org/dcg/platform/Home.page has an
unexpected public id of '-//Apache Software Foundation//Tapestry
Specification 3.0//EN'.

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException
Error at (4, -1: Document classpath:/org/dcg/platform/Home.page has an
unexpected public id of '-//Apache Software Foundation//Tapestry
Specification 3.0//EN'.
columnNumber: 	-1
lineNumber: 	4
systemId:
file:/C:/eclipse21i/workspace/t2/t2WebApp/WEB-INF/classes/org/dcg/platform/Home.page

org.apache.tapestry.util.xml.DocumentParseException
Document classpath:/org/dcg/platform/Home.page has an unexpected public
id of '-//Apache Software Foundation//Tapestry Specification 3.0//EN'.
documentLocation: 	classpath:/org/dcg/platform/Home.page
Stack Trace:

    * org.apache.tapestry.parse.ValidatePublicIdRule.startDocument(ValidatePublicIdRule.java:115)

Re: What DTD's to use with 3.0b1a?

Posted by "F. Da Costa Gomez" <dc...@fixed.com>.
Howard M. Lewis Ship wrote:

>This is exactly what I use:
>
><!DOCTYPE page-specification PUBLIC
>	"-//Apache Software Foundation//Tapestry Specification 3.0//EN"
>	"http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/Tapestry_3_0.dtd">
>
>And no problems.
>
>You are using tapestry-3.0-beta-1a.jar?

Double checked & Yes indeed I am.

>Is there a chance that you are using a different version of Jakarta Digester?

Noop, copied it from the dist I got from the site (and again double
checked it)

I did notice though that literally modding the 3.0 figure into 1.4 (in
the ID line) allowed me to continue.
<!DOCTYPE page-specification PUBLIC "-//Apache Software
Foundation//Tapestry Specification 3.0//EN"
"http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/Tapestry_3_0.dtd">
*becomes*
<!DOCTYPE page-specification PUBLIC "-//Apache Software
Foundation//Tapestry Specification 1.4//EN"
"http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/Tapestry_3_0.dtd">

After this change the error was gone!
Suppose I can do this 'trick' everywhere but something tells me that
this is not quite what was intended.

TIA
Fermin DCG

RE: What DTD's to use with 3.0b1a?