Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Peter Nabbefeld <pe...@gmx.de> on 2019/01/07 15:15:22 UTC

GLF questions

Hello,

I've got some questions about Generic Languages Framework (GLF):

1. I found two base packages in module "languages":
"org.netbeans.api.languages" and "org.netbeans.modules.languages". While
this is not unusual to NetBeans modules, the second one seems to include
the "Schliemann" implementation (e.g. "NBSLanguage.java"). Shouldn't
that be implemented in a separate module? IMHO, this would probably make
bug-fixing easier.

2. Could somebody tell me, which classes are "general" (i.e. common
implementation classes unrelated to "Schliemann") and which belong to
the NBS implementation?

3. In the META-INF/netbeans folder, the file "translate.names" contains
an entry "org.netbeans.modules.languages.dataobject.LanguagesOptions=",
i.e. a key without a value - what is it used for?

Kind regards

Peter

Re: GLF questions

Posted by Peter Nabbefeld <pe...@gmx.de>.
Another question:

4. What is the special "STAR" character in the Pattern class - is "STAR"
an abbreviation for sth.?

The Directed Graph (DG) implementation is undocumented (as the rest of
the language module, too), so very hard to read.  :-(

Kind regards

Peter