Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Apache Pulsar Slack <ap...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/11 09:11:02 UTC

Slack digest for #dev - 2019-02-11

2019-02-11 03:01:13 UTC - jia zhai: Hi @Matteo Merli and @Sijie Guo :slightly_smiling_face:
I have a question regarding ‘maxTotalReceiverQueueSizeAcrossPartitions’ in Consumer client setting.
at the time of  partitioned consumer been created, it is used as `conf.getMaxTotalReceiverQueueSizeAcrossPartitions() / numPartitions`.
But we now support auto update for topic partitions, so when partitions increased, this will cause the partitioned consumer have a QueueSize bigger than configured value.
----
2019-02-11 03:02:50 UTC - Matteo Merli: I think that will be mostly ok. There is no easy solution there
----
2019-02-11 03:03:39 UTC - Matteo Merli: Maybe we could restrict the permits even though the actual queue size is not changed
----
2019-02-11 03:04:38 UTC - jia zhai: Yes, there seem be no easy solution.
----