Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Andreas Probst <an...@gmx.net> on 2002/11/06 12:31:41 UTC

Update Method

Hi all,

I've played a bit with UPDATE method and observed the following:

1. Properties DAV:comment, DAV:displayname and DAV:creator-
displayname (maybe more) are not updated to the values they had
in the specified version. I think they can't, as the values of
these have always differences (comment) or can have differences
(creator-displayname, displayname) between VCR and associated
VR.

2. After the VCR is updated to an older version, I'm not able to
put a new version, if it is a text file. I have to update again
to the latest version. After that put works. However, if it is
(always the same) pdf file, put works. I haven't tried other
file types.

I'm using default "checkout-fork">forbidden and "checkin-
fork">forbidden and "auto-version">checkout-checkin.

My question: Is the described behaviour correct? I haven't found
anything about forbidding put after update in the DeltaV spec.

Thanks in advance.

Andreas