Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Srinath vaidyanathan <sr...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/03 20:07:53 UTC

How to Confirm HTTP Response

Hi,

I have a question regarding a web application i'm currently performance
testing using Jmeter 2.0.3. It's actually a online quiz application where
users can log on and take multiple-choice quizzes. This is my question.

For some quiz questions, There is a media attached to it , in most cases
it's a wmv file. To answer the question the user has to initially click the
media file and play it before he can answer the question correctly by
selecting one of the choices and go to the next one. Now I currently have a
working jmeter test plan that logs in as a user goes through every quiz
question by selecting one of the answer choices. But I would also like the
test plan to actually simulate a real-life user by clicking on the media
file before answering the question. Would that be possible?

now when the user takes the quiz on the browser and clicks the media file,
the browser recognizes the extension it and immediately opens Windows Media
Player to play it. But Jmeter will not be able to do that, because it will
not know how to deal with the Response. but what i would like is some
confirmation that the media file was actually clicked.

Thanks
Srinath

Re: How to Confirm HTTP Response

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
If you want to check the contents, have a look at:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Save_Responses_to_a_file

S.

Posted by Srinath vaidyanathan <sr...@gmail.com>.
Thnx Peter,