Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sir Gilligan <si...@yahoo.com> on 2014/01/07 02:40:35 UTC

Setting max number of connections

I am trying to increase the max number of connections allowed for query
with Solr Cloud.

I have searched around and found mention that:
max number of connections is 128
max number of connections per host is 32

I start solr in the example directory with some options, but basically
it is just:
java -jar start.jar

How can I increase the two values above?

Is there some config file that needs changing?

While I wait to see what recommendations the community has to offer I am
experimenting with the following that I read on the SolrConfigXml wiki:

   <requestHandler name="standard" class="solr.SearchHandler"
default="true">
     <lst name="defaults">
       <str name="echoParams">explicit</str>
       <str name="df">text</str>
     </lst>
     <!-- other params go here -->
      <shardHandlerFactory class="HttpShardHandlerFactory">
         <int name="socketTimeOut">1000</int>
         <int name="connTimeOut">5000</int>
         <int name="maxConnectionsPerHost">512</int>
       </shardHandlerFactory>
   </requestHandler>

I added the echo params and df as text because there was some error that
faceting query threw.

Any help is appreciated.

I have been trying to apply load to our solr system and I can't get the
CPU on the boxes to hardly budge. I noticed that during our tests when
we reached 128 users the throughput flat lined at that point, and so I
searched and sure enough I found the 128 connection limit mentioned.

Thank you.