Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Stephen <st...@ilc.com> on 2003/07/07 14:39:05 UTC

OutOfMemoryError setURI or loadSVGDocument

I know squiggle has its own history classes but I'm developing my own
and I'm using setURI to change the uri. I notice every time a document
is loaded the other one doesn't get unloaded and memory isn't reclaimed.
Is there some kind of cleanup I can do to avoid this problem. It's also
running as an applet so memory is of great concern. Is there some kind
of caching feature I don't know about?

Thanks,
Stephen.

RE: OutOfMemoryError setURI or loadSVGDocument

Posted by Stephen <st...@ilc.com>.
They are dynamic with heavy scripting. I knew from past posts that you
had done some memory leak fixing. I am using just the last release
1.5beta5. I guess I'll get the latest nightly source.

Thanks,
Stephen.

>I know squiggle has its own history classes but I'm developing my own
>and I'm using setURI to change the uri. I notice every time a document
>is loaded the other one doesn't get unloaded and memory isn't
reclaimed.
>Is there some kind of cleanup I can do to avoid this problem. It's also
>running as an applet so memory is of great concern. Is there some kind
>of caching feature I don't know about?

Hi Stephen,
    You don't say what version of Batik you are using.  Since 1.5b5 I
have delivered at
least two significant memory leak fixes.  I am in the middle of
developing additional memory
leak tests to ensure that documents are released when appropriate (right

now with the current
fixes my belief is that documents are getting released when
appropriate).

    Are these static or dynamic documents?

Re: OutOfMemoryError setURI or loadSVGDocument

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.