Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Chris Haddad <ch...@cobia.net> on 2002/05/16 02:28:05 UTC

RE: [BUG] Beta2 interop (was RE: Interoperability issue with MSVC++.Net)

Alexander -

IMHO, the WSDL issue is a .NET problem to solve.  The fact that you can
hack a parseable WSDL definition doesn't prove correctness.  Correctness
is defined based on interpretation of the base specification and
underlying XML schema.

Can you show us in the WSDL specification [1] where the namespaces for
request messages must equal the namespaces for response messages.  I
believe the specification is silent in this regard.

But here's my rational for the fact that it is a .NET issue.  If the
namespaces MUST be the same, wouldn't the creators of the schema placed
the namespace attribute on the enclosing wsdl:operation tag. After all,
if the attribute values were REQUIRED to be the same for wsdl:input and
wsdl:output, then the multiple attribute definition is redundant.

Also, in regard to the naming of the return value tag, this should be
specified in the WSDL.  You did not show us the WSDL definition such as
the example that follows:
   <wsdl:message name="DumpConvHeaderInfoResponse">
      <wsdl:part name="return" type="SOAP-ENC:string"/>
   </wsdl:message>

Again, if the name of the root return value tag MUST be 'return', then
why define an attribute on the part tag defining the response message.
I don't see any reference in the SOAP specification [2] or schema [3] to
back up your assertion.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-soap12-part0-20011217/
[3] http://www.w3.org/2001/12/soap-envelope