Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Sangmook Yi <wa...@calypso.endien.co.kr> on 2000/07/17 19:55:10 UTC

Is this memory leak ?

 Hi.

 I'm developing web application with Embperl 1.3b3 under mod_perl 1.24
(staticaly linked).

 I use Apache::Session and Apache::DBI module with Embperl configured
in httpd.conf with PerlModule parameter.

 Now, this is the problem.
 First, I started httpd, its memory size is about 3.7M per process.
 Then, I access one Embperl page it increases to 6.3M ~ 7.xM for one
process. and greeding memory goes on.

 Do you think this is general?
 I know Embperl cleanup variables used in script. but I suspicious
if there exist exception hall in cleaning memory usage..

 Can you advice me how can I hold this memory leaking. or any other
idea can help me ?

RE: Is this memory leak ?

Posted by Sangmook Yi <wa...@calypso.endien.co.kr>.
Thnks for your advice.

but, Memory usage of httpd sometimes grows up to 12~15M per child. and
goes on.
If Embperl caches script for efficieny. can I control its cache size?
I've downgraded Embperl version to 1.2.1. but same result.

RE: Is this memory leak ?