Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Pavan Kumar N <pa...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/03 09:12:04 UTC

mahout: linear regression using least squares

Dear Mahout Commiters,

Is it correct to understand that Mahout will no longer be looking at
regression algorithms like weighted linear regression. Based on the updated
site, I could see it is not on the list of supported algorithms.

I have programmed a normal equations solutions procedure to solve multiple
regression in java and working on writing mapreduce code for the same. I am
looking to explore the opportunity of maintaining/being responsible for
regression in mahout by completing this code. Just have a few issues though
(mapreduce compatible methods to get the inverse of non-singular matrices).

Regards
Pavan