Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Clemens Schwaighofer <cs...@tequila.co.jp> on 2005/02/08 02:06:19 UTC

change time format of $Id$

Re: change time format of $Id$

Posted by Greg Hudson <gh...@MIT.EDU>.
On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 11:43, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2005-02-08 11:06:19 +0900, Clemens Schwaighofer wrote:
> > I ask for a change in the timeformat of the svn:keyword $Id$.
>
> I'm completely against a hardcoded change (I still want the current
> behavior). A configurable format would be OK for me.

-0.9.  Everything we make configurable in Subversion introduces
complexity to the user and complexity in the code.  So it needs to
actually satisfy some vaguely important user need, not just people's
aesthetic desires.

Re: change time format of $Id$

Posted by "Peter N. Lundblad" <pe...@famlundblad.se>.
On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Clemens Schwaighofer wrote:

> Yeah I agree now that Id should always stay as is (never break working
> code).
>
> A new format could be
>
> $[name][name]...$
>
> like
>
> $RevAuthorDate$
>
> that would give
>
> $1 foo user 2005-02-09 10:30:15 +0900$

See issue #890.

Regards,
//Peter

Re: change time format of $Id$

Posted by Clemens Schwaighofer <cs...@tequila.co.jp>.

Re: change time format of $Id$

Posted by Vincent Lefevre <vi...@vinc17.org>.
On 2005-02-08 11:06:19 +0900, Clemens Schwaighofer wrote:
> I ask for a change in the timeformat of the svn:keyword $Id$.

I'm completely against a hardcoded change (I still want the current
behavior). A configurable format would be OK for me. In this case,
this could be more general, as I've suggested in the users ML:

  Then how about a new keyword, but generic (with escape sequences,
  such as those used in Mutt and the Zsh prompt)? The keyword could
  have the form: Name[Format], so that using $Name$ would expand
  Name according to the specified format. Id, Date, etc. could be
  exactly like generic keywords, but with a default format.

The default format could also be configurable (at least server-side).

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vi...@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>