Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Soo Kim <ph...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/08 03:50:31 UTC

Cloudera Flume user guide doesn't cover HBase sinks

Hi,

I'm referencing Cloudera Flume NG user guide:

http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/flume-ng-1.1.0-cdh3u4/FlumeUserGuide.html#h.zgdy9oll30mx

One thing I wonder is the page doesn't include HBase sinks (HBaseSink,
AsyncHBaseSink).

Is there any reason that Cloudera don't cover them?

Soo Philip Jason Kim

Re: Cloudera Flume user guide doesn't cover HBase sinks

Posted by Soo Kim <ph...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

I found the user guide for Flume v1.2 and that covers HBase sinks:

http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh4/cdh/4/flume-ng/FlumeUserGuide.html

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 10:58 AM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
> I believe that the reason is simple. This page seems to be documenting flume version 1.1.0, however hbase sinks were added in flume version 1.2.0.
>
> Flume version 1.2.0 (with hbase sinks) is part of CDH4.1 and CDH3u5.
>
> Jarcec
>
> On Mon, Oct 08, 2012 at 10:50:31AM +0900, Soo Kim wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm referencing Cloudera Flume NG user guide:
>>
>> http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/flume-ng-1.1.0-cdh3u4/FlumeUserGuide.html#h.zgdy9oll30mx
>>
>> One thing I wonder is the page doesn't include HBase sinks (HBaseSink,
>> AsyncHBaseSink).
>>
>> Is there any reason that Cloudera don't cover them?
>>
>> --
>> Thanks,
>> Soo Philip Jason Kim

Soo Philip Jason Kim
Email : philipjkim@gmail.com
Phone : +82-10-7222-6078

Re: Cloudera Flume user guide doesn't cover HBase sinks

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.