Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joe Riopel <go...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/23 19:54:29 UTC

Web Application Question

Hello,

I'm running Tomcat 5.5.7, and right now I have one application ( the
default application ). I just created a new dir (
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/cms ) for a new application. The home page (
index.jsp ), for the application, is just a simple jsp file with
static content.

Once I added a WEB-INF/web.xml file, with just filter & filter-mapping
tags, and my welcome-file list, and browse to the application I get a
404 error. Now, if I remove the web.xml file from the WEB-INF/web.xml
directory, I see the correct index.jsp.

I'm looking in the $CATALINA_HOME/logs/catalina.out file and see
nothing. I have watched the file, using "tail -f" during start up, and
don't see any message about a misconfiguration in my web-xml file.

Am I missing a step in the process of creating a  new web application?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.