Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Jakob Skovenborg <js...@mail.tele.dk> on 2003/10/05 10:49:01 UTC

AxisFault subclass

Hello
I already tried to put this question to the Axis User List, but I didn't get any useful ans answer's.
I have a problem to catch a userdefined AxisFault at clientside.

- In my WSDL I defined a wsdl:fault element in the binding.
- Then I generate both a server and a client stub using the WSDL2Java.
- At both side's I can see that it has generated a _JbFault class
matching my fault schema type defined in the WSDL and it extends
org.apache.axis.AxisFault.
- Then I put some code (in the generated SOAPBindingImpl class) that
throws a _JbFault.
- I turned on the org.apache.axis.utils.tcpmon so I can see the
transmitted soapmessage.
- After that I run the service client and it activates the server side SOAPBindingImpl class, where I throw the _JbFault
- And here come's the problem: At client side I only catch an AxisFault and I can't catch a
_JbFault
- When I look in the TCPMonitor I can see that the server  did make a
<soapenv:Fault> element containing my fault details.
- You can look at my WSDL+XSD attached to the mail
My best Regards /Jakob