Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Curtis Rueden <ct...@wisc.edu> on 2012/09/14 17:09:21 UTC

maven-nar-plugin status [was: Re: JNI jars dependencies]

Hi Martin,

> There is a problem with the [maven-nar-plugin] project because there are
> tens of orks on github. If you have any questions about it please ask. I
> have contact to one of the ative authors and we try to merge all the forks.

I am guilty of one of those forks. We submitted a PR (
https://github.com/duns/maven-nar-plugin/pull/5) but never heard back, so
we had no choice.

It looks like the canonical version at duns/maven-nar-plugin has not been
updated for nearly two years. Is that going to change? It would be great
for this very valuable plugin to be maintained!

Thanks,
Curtis

Re: maven-nar-plugin status [was: Re: JNI jars dependencies]

Posted by Martin Eisengardt <ma...@gmail.com>.
The author (@duns) seems to be not actve any more. However I failed
contacting him for a while.

https://github.com/GregDomjan/maven-nar-plugin
And there is a second one being active:
https://github.com/richardkerr/maven-nar-plugin (do not know how to contact
this guy)

However both try to merge the forks being around. And they like any kind of
help. If there are some people around that want to give it a new try that
would be nice.
I guess the original plugin was some kind of sandbox @ sonatype. I do not
know if we should simply group up some people that officially will maintain
it and I do not know if even sonatype or others are interested.

However for being pragmatic I would say to choose one of the active forks,
grouping a new team and granting commit rights to the people that want to
maintain it.
I am able to provide both, a repository and a hudson as long as this is not
moved to maven central.

However I am personally focused on compiling php/php-extensions and using
maven-nar-plugin to access them with maven. Multi-Platform compiles/
Cross-Platform compiles
I will come back to the project as soon as our build server knows how to do
cross compiles for various platforms.