Posted to user@predictionio.apache.org by "Miller, Clifford" <cl...@phoenix-opsgroup.com> on 2018/06/05 20:35:17 UTC

pio-shell not reading config

I'm running a PIO will all remote dependencies.  I have the following:

   - PIO event server
   - Elasticsearch cluster
   - Spark cluster
   - Hbase Cluster

I would like to be able to use pio-shell to count events in the event
store.  I submit the following command:

pio-shell --with-spark -- --master
spark://ip-10-0-1-88.us-gov-west-1.compute.internal:7077

This appears to connect me to the Spark cluster.  Then I run:

import org.apache.predictionio.data.store.PEventStore
PEventStore.find(appName="MyAppName")(sc).count

This gives me connection errors in the pio-shell.  It appears to be
attempting to connnect locally to HBase and not the remote one.

Stacktrace is attached.

Thanks,

--Cliff.

Re: pio-shell not reading config

Posted by Donald Szeto <do...@apache.org>.
1. What Spark version are you using? After taking a brief look, there seems
to be changes in how classpaths are being passed into the latest version of
Spark.
2. When pio-shell starts, it should echo the classpath being. Does that
include a directory that contains your hbase-site.xml?
3. In your pio-shell, do
`sys.env.filterKeys(_.startsWith("PIO_")).foreach(println)`. Do you see
your configuration?

Regards,
Donald

Posted by "Miller, Clifford" <cl...@phoenix-opsgroup.com>.