Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Peter Hancock <pe...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/08 11:04:47 UTC

fop.jar's MANIFEST.MF

Hi all,

Does anyone know the why the Build-Id property of the MANIFEST.MF file
should include the ant property 'java.runtime.version', yet not the
'javac.target' property used by the javac task in the compile target?   I
appreciate that the  version of the JVM running ant may perhaps affect  the
build process, but is it not more useful to have info on the JVM that the
fop.jar is compiled for?

Thanks for any comments in advance,

Peter

Re: fop.jar's MANIFEST.MF

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Peter,
the "why" questions are often difficult. ;-)

I don't see a problem with extending the Build-Id property, for example
with the attached patch. If noone objects, I'm happy to commit that.

On 08.02.2010 11:04:47 Peter Hancock wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know the why the Build-Id property of the MANIFEST.MF file
> should include the ant property 'java.runtime.version', yet not the
> 'javac.target' property used by the javac task in the compile target?   I
> appreciate that the  version of the JVM running ant may perhaps affect  the
> build process, but is it not more useful to have info on the JVM that the
> fop.jar is compiled for?
>
> Thanks for any comments in advance,
>
> Peter

Jeremias Maerki