Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Nan Zhu <zh...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/09 03:33:48 UTC

missing document of several messages in actor-based receiver?

Hi, TD and other streaming developers,

When I look at the implementation of actor-based receiver (ActorReceiver.scala), I found that there are several messages which are not mentioned in the document

case props: Props =>
val worker = context.actorOf(props)
logInfo("Started receiver worker at:" + worker.path)
sender ! worker

case (props: Props, name: String) =>
val worker = context.actorOf(props, name)
logInfo("Started receiver worker at:" + worker.path)
sender ! worker

case _: PossiblyHarmful => hiccups.incrementAndGet()

case _: Statistics =>
val workers = context.children
sender ! Statistics(n.get, workers.size, hiccups.get, workers.mkString("\n”))

Is it hided with intention or incomplete document, or I missed something?
And the handler of these messages are “buggy"? e.g. when we start a new worker, we didn’t increase n (counter of children), and n and hiccups are unnecessarily set to AtomicInteger ?

Best,

--
Nan Zhu
http://codingcat.me

Re: missing document of several messages in actor-based receiver?

Posted by Nan Zhu <zh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I have created the PR for these two issues

Best,

--
Nan Zhu
http://codingcat.me