Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Timothy <tr...@silverfields.com> on 2003/09/20 22:56:13 UTC

Some help with jk2

	Hello all.

	I'm trying to setup jk2.  Well, actually, I'm trying to acquire & build
jk2. This is proving to be more than a little difficult.  After going over
the docs at
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk2/doc/index.html
I think I'm more puzzled than when I started.  And that's even discounting
the broken document links, and the link to the mailing list archive that
hasn't been accurate in more than a year!

	So I have some questions.

1) Is there anywhere where I can actually download a full version of the
source, with required libraries, or at least a list of what else needs to
be downloaded.  Because the link to the src from the FAQ sure doesn't meet
these requirements.

2) Whereas I know the difference between jk & jk2, I don't know the
difference between jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.4-src.tar.gz and
jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.2-src.tar.gz.  I would assume that as
jk2 is what the documentation recommends, that the second tar.gz file
would be what I need, but it is close to a year older than the former
file.

3) Is there in existence anywhere an actual document on how successfully
to build jk(2)?  Because trying to follow the instructions in the above
two tar.gz files would never actually get anything in the source files to
build.

	Any help appreciated.

Re: Some help with jk2

Posted by Luke Vanderfluit <lu...@chipcity.com.au>.
Hi,

It wasn't that hard:
you will need the file 'jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.2-src.tar.gz'

unzip/tar then.....

these are my notes,
Hope they help:

============================
I compiled tomcat connectors
with
./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs \
--with-tomcat41=/usr/local/tomcat\
--with-apache2-lib=/usr/local/apache2/lib \
--with-apr-lib=/usr/local/apache2/lib \
--with-jni

===
with apr lib because on loading tomcat I had an  error:

INFO: APR not loaded, disabling jni components: java.io.IOException: no
jkjni in java.library.path,

after configure you do:

make

then you copy
cp build/jk2/apache2/mod_jk2.so /usr/local/apache2/modules/
cp build/jk2/apache2/jkjni.so /usr/local/apache2/modules/

then you create the simplest version of 'workers.properties' and
'jk2.properties' mentioned in the documentation.

kind regards,
Luke

===================================

Re: Some help with jk2

Posted by Luke Vanderfluit <lu...@chipcity.com.au>.
Hi,

It wasn't that hard:
you will need the file 'jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.2-src.tar.gz'

unzip/tar then.....

these are my notes,
Hope they help:

============================
I compiled tomcat connectors
with
./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs \
--with-tomcat41=/usr/local/tomcat\
--with-apache2-lib=/usr/local/apache2/lib \
--with-apr-lib=/usr/local/apache2/lib \
--with-jni

===
with apr lib because on loading tomcat I had an  error:

INFO: APR not loaded, disabling jni components: java.io.IOException: no
jkjni in java.library.path,

after configure you do:

make

then you copy
cp build/jk2/apache2/mod_jk2.so /usr/local/apache2/modules/
cp build/jk2/apache2/jkjni.so /usr/local/apache2/modules/

then you create the simplest version of 'workers.properties' and
'jk2.properties' mentioned in the documentation.

kind regards,
Luke

===================================
n Sun, 2003-09-21 at 06:26, Timothy wrote:
> 	Hello all.
>
> 	I'm trying to setup jk2.  Well, actually, I'm trying to acquire & build
> jk2. This is proving to be more than a little difficult.  After going over
> the docs at
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk2/doc/index.html
> I think I'm more puzzled than when I started.  And that's even discounting
> the broken document links, and the link to the mailing list archive that
> hasn't been accurate in more than a year!
>
> 	So I have some questions.
>
> 1) Is there anywhere where I can actually download a full version of the
> source, with required libraries, or at least a list of what else needs to
> be downloaded.  Because the link to the src from the FAQ sure doesn't meet
> these requirements.
>
> 2) Whereas I know the difference between jk & jk2, I don't know the
> difference between jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.4-src.tar.gz and
> jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.2-src.tar.gz.  I would assume that as
> jk2 is what the documentation recommends, that the second tar.gz file
> would be what I need, but it is close to a year older than the former
> file.
>
> 3) Is there in existence anywhere an actual document on how successfully
> to build jk(2)?  Because trying to follow the instructions in the above
> two tar.gz files would never actually get anything in the source files to
> build.
>
> 	Any help appreciated.

"when my computer smiles, I'm happy"
Luke Vanderfluit               |'/']