Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/18 02:10:20 UTC

Re: dependency version in a property

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 5:06 PM, EJ Ciramella<ec...@upromise.com> wrote:
> I want the other way around :-)
>
> I have a <dependencyManagement> tag and a dependency listed in there
> (all in a parent pom).
>
> Then, in a child module, I need the version of a dependency so I can put
> that version info INTO a shell script.

Put it in a property as Damon showed, and filter the property into the
shell script as well as using it for the version.

I'm not aware that you can get at values inside one of a list of
similar items in the pom using the ${project...} syntax.  There would
have to be some way of selecting the one you want.

--
Wendy

RE: dependency version in a property

Posted by EJ Ciramella <ec...@upromise.com>.
Hmmm - I cheated I guess.  The jar in question is being put in a "lib"
directory and because I control that via the assembly descriptor, I just
use the outputFileNameMapping option and stripped out the version.

/shrug