Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by William Tantzen <th...@mac.com> on 2014/02/22 00:26:25 UTC

How long do commits take?

In solr 3.6, strictly using log files (catalina.out), how can I determine how long a commit operation takes?  I don’t see a QTime to help me out as in optimize…  No doubt, it’s staring me in the face but I can’t figure it out.

Thanks in advance,
Bill

Re: How long do commits take?

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.
On 2/21/2014 5:15 PM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
> Here's a log entry from Solr 4.6.1:
>
> INFO  - 2014-02-21 17:09:04.837;
> org.apache.solr.update.processor.LogUpdateProcessor; [s1live]
> webapp=/solr path=/update
> params={waitSearcher=true&commit=true&wt=javabin&version=2&softCommit=true}
> {commit=} 0 4698
>
> The QTime value here is 4698 milliseconds.
>
> I no longer have a 3.x server I can look at.

It was bugging me, not knowing what 3.x says.

I pulled down the lucene_solr_3_6 branch, built the example, fired it
up, and then sent a commit request to the update handler on collection1.

http://server:8983/solr/collection1/update?commit=true

I got the following in the logs:

Feb 21, 2014 5:25:17 PM
org.apache.solr.update.processor.LogUpdateProcessor finish
INFO: {commit=} 0 12
Feb 21, 2014 5:25:17 PM org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore execute
INFO: [] webapp=/solr path=/update params={commit=true} status=0 QTime=12

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: How long do commits take?

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.