Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/04 19:31:52 UTC

Re: February 2016 Report

We're a day late, but could still submit this.  Any suggestions on my draft
below?

Slider is a collection of tools and technologies to package, deploy, and
manage long running applications on Apache Hadoop YARN clusters.

Slider has been incubating since 2014-04-29.

  1. Getting more external users
  2. Getting more diverse set of developers
  3. Getting more diverse set of committers/PMC

aware of?

  No

  We completed the IP clearance for the contribution of a Kafka app
  package for Slider, KOYA.  We have a few patches that have been
  submitted by contributors and still need to be reviewed.

  We released slider-0.90.2-incubating (the first in the 0.90 line), a
  preview/alpha release containing a major new feature, anti-affinity
  placement.  Also, we have reworked our release process and are
  planning our next release for around March 1.

Date of last release:

  2016-01-09 slider-0.90.2-incubating

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

  2015-07-07: Yu (Thomas) Liu

Re: February 2016 Report

Posted by Gour Saha <gs...@hortonworks.com>.
Billie,