Posted to general@portals.apache.org by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org> on 2004/10/27 14:51:50 UTC

PMC Membership (was Re: [VOTE:RESULT] Promote portals-bridges as a sub-project of Portals)

Santiago Gala wrote:

> Re: being in the pmc, I think portals should aim to have all active
> developers in the pmc, so that coordination is easier and we don't
> "balkanize" too much between the different sub-projects.

In that case, I would like to be considered for a spot on the PMC.
Hopefully it's not considered rude to ask :)

I'm not sure what the makeup of the pmc actually is, but it seems that
it may be made up of mostly jetspeed committers (probably rightly so).
In any case, it may be beneficial to the "de-balkanization" effort to
have another Pluto committer on the pmc.

Thanks,

David

Re: PMC Membership (was Re: [VOTE:RESULT] Promote portals-bridges as a sub-project of Portals)

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@apache.org>.
David H. DeWolf wrote:

> Santiago Gala wrote:
>
>> Re: being in the pmc, I think portals should aim to have all active
>> developers in the pmc, so that coordination is easier and we don't
>> "balkanize" too much between the different sub-projects.
>>

> In that case, I would like to be considered for a spot on the PMC.
> Hopefully it's not considered rude to ask :)
>
> I'm not sure what the makeup of the pmc actually is, but it seems that
> it may be made up of mostly jetspeed committers (probably rightly so).
> In any case, it may be beneficial to the "de-balkanization" effort to
> have another Pluto committer on the pmc.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

+1 both to the request and the context

Also note that I have updated in SVN a whoweare.xml xdocs listing all
the PMC members (I think I have the list
right). When you are accepted, feel free to add yourself in the file to
keep it accurate.

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
http://portals.apache.org/

Re: PMC Membership (was Re: [VOTE:RESULT] Promote portals-bridges as a sub-project of Portals)

Posted by "Scott T. Weaver" <sc...@binary-designs.net>.
I feel all of the currently active Pluto committers should be offered
PMC spots.

Regards,

--
"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."  - Admiral Hyman Rickover

*           Scott T. Weaver               *
*         <we...@apache.org>             *
*     <http://www.einnovation.com>        *
*   Apache Jetspeed Enterprise Portal     *
*     Apache Pluto Portlet Container      *
* OpenEdit, Website Content Management *
*     <http://www.openedit.org>           *