Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Ming Liu <li...@apache.org> on 2018/03/10 10:23:45 UTC

The importance of 'fix version' in the JIRA, please fill it correctly

Hi, all,

When I prepare the Release Note for R2.2.0, I found a problem that developers sometimes wrongly specify the 'fixed version' as R2.2, but the real fix code not merged into R2.2 branch.

Now R2.2 is closed for code merge, so any new JIRA or ongoing JIRA, please DON"T use R2.2 as the 'fix version'.

The best practice is not fill in 'fix version' until one resolve the JIRA, so he/she knows which branch the code merged into.

The current main branch is for R2.3. When R2.3 branch is created, any new JIRA closed should also notice if you check in the fix into R2.3 branch or main branch and fill in the 'fix version' correctly. Since we use JIRA's filter to generate the release note, so please all contributors help to notice this ^_^

Thanks all,
Ming

Re: The importance of 'fix version' in the JIRA, please fill it correctly

Posted by Ming Liu <li...@apache.org>.
hi, Pierre,
The web page is updated.

thanks,

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.
Hi Ming, All.

The release date is set in JIRA.

For your convenience, here are the release notes: Release Notes
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318620&version=12338559>

Please let me know when the website is fixed.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

V.P. Apache Trafodion

Posted by "Liu, Ming (Ming)" <mi...@esgyn.cn>.