Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2009/08/08 08:52:27 UTC

Re: Reasonable number of maxWarming searchers

:  Is there a problem if i set maxWarmingSearchers to something like 30 or 40?

my personal opinion: anything higher then 3 indicates a serious
architecture problem.

On a master, doing lots of updates, the "warming" time should be zero, so
there shouldn't ever be more then 2 searchers at one time -- 3 is being
generous incase you just happen to get some paralell rapid fire
add/commit pairs ... beyond that you're better off just letting any ohter
concurrent commit calls block for the few milli-seconds it will take to
finish the commit.

:  Also, how do I disable the cache warming? Is setting autowarmCount's
: to 0 enough?

yes, but even better: make the cache sizes zero, that way if someone
accidently does query your master, you won't waste ram caching it.

-Hoss