Posted to builds@apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/07 22:23:00 UTC

FATAL: Could not apply tag with git-jenkins Any23-trunk job.

Hi Builds@,
We recently e.g. the last number of days, began to experience a nasty
Exception resulting within the Any23 trunk build [0].
I've found numerous posts with this online and I am pretty convinced that I
cannot sort it our from my side.
Can someone please have a look at the log output in [0] and advise where we
go from here?
Thank you very much.
Lewis

[0] https://builds.apache.org/job/Any23-trunk/684/console

--
*Lewis*

Re: FATAL: Could not apply tag with git-jenkins Any23-trunk job.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 8:31 AM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> 2013/6/9 David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>:
>> On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 6:27 AM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> In your job configuration in advanced git section: check the option
>>> called "Skip internal tag"
>>> That must fix that normally
>>>

>> Something has changed in the config - as this has been enabled across
>> what appears to be all of the cloudstack jobs, causing them to all
>> 'fail'.
>
> No idea but sure it looks something has changed regarding git on those nodes.
> BTW this workaround must prevent that.

Yep - looks like the nodes that are causing these failures don't have
name and email configured:

Caused by: hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Command "git tag -a -f -m
Jenkins Build #427 jenkins-cloudstack-rat-41-427" returned status code
128:
stdout:
stderr:
*** Please tell me who you are.

Run

  git config --global user.email "you@example.com"
  git config --global user.name "Your Name"

to set your account's default identity.
Omit --global to set the identity only in this repository.

fatal: empty ident  <je...@vesta.apache.org> not allowed

Re: FATAL: Could not apply tag with git-jenkins Any23-trunk job.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

--
Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au

Re: FATAL: Could not apply tag with git-jenkins Any23-trunk job.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

--
Olivier Lamy