Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Seid Mohammed <se...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/19 12:09:38 UTC

Index Structure

I am new to lucene, and reading lucene in action book
sometimes, i better understand when somone tell me an answer than a book.
my queston is
when indexing, what actually lucene is doing?
if i have a file called test.txt  with contents " lucen is used to
index files" and i apply lucene indexing, what is the content of the
index and  what is the structure of the index?.

and if i apply lucene search, for example a query "index files", from
where lucene searches, from the index or from the test.index file

thanks a lot
seid m

--
"RABI ZIDNI ILMA"

Re: Index Structure

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.
There is no additional setting for me...

Koji

Re: Index Structure

Posted by Seid Mohammed <se...@gmail.com>.
I have trioed Amharic fonts, it displays square like character, may be
there is a kind of setting for it?

Seid M

On 2/19/09, Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp> wrote:
> Seid Mohammed wrote:
>> great,
>> I have got it
>> do luke support unicode? I am trying lucene in non-english languaguage
>>

> Of course. I can see Japanese terms without problems.
>
> Koji

"RABI ZIDNI ILMA"

Re: Index Structure

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.

Re: Index Structure

Posted by Seid Mohammed <se...@gmail.com>.
great,

On 2/19/09, Nada Mimouni <mi...@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When indexing Lucene generates terms from your original text.
>
> To see the content and the structure of the index, use "Luke" which is a
> Lucene index toolbox.
> You can download it here :  http://www.getopt.org/luke/
> There is a detailed description of this tool (with pretty screen-shots) in :
> "Lucene in Action" book, section 8.2.2.
>
> Best
> Nada

"RABI ZIDNI ILMA"