Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Software AG <sa...@stark-verlag.de> on 2002/01/08 17:51:31 UTC

No DOM MutationEvents for changes of text data

Hi again.

I'm still on DOM event usage, with Xerces 1.4.4.
After turning on DOM MutationEvents, the event handler attached to the
document node receives quite many events, but I do not get any ones
reflecting changes within text nodes. (see my sample posted earlier this
day)

I have looked at the 1.4.4 code, where CharacterDataImpl calls
CoreDocumentImpl.modifyingCharacterData(),
CoreDocumentImpl.modifiedCharacterData() and
CoreDocumentImpl.replacedText(). But all of these methods are empty.
To make sure I'm in the latest code this time, I also looked at the 2.0.0b4
code, which looks exactly the same (for these three methods)!

In the docs it is stated that DOM events are fully implemented, so I think I
should raise a bug report.

Hiran

Re: No DOM MutationEvents for changes of text data

Posted by Arnaud Le Hors <le...@us.ibm.com>.
Software AG wrote:

> I have looked at the 1.4.4 code, where CharacterDataImpl calls
> CoreDocumentImpl.modifyingCharacterData(),
> CoreDocumentImpl.modifiedCharacterData() and
> CoreDocumentImpl.replacedText(). But all of these methods are empty.
> To make sure I'm in the latest code this time, I also looked at the 2.0.0b4
> code, which looks exactly the same (for these three methods)!
>
> In the docs it is stated that DOM events are fully implemented, so I think I
> should raise a bug report.

You're not looking at the right class. These methods are overloaded in
the subclass DocumentImpl. This is not to say there is no bug,
unfortunately. :-)
If you can investigate and try to figure where the pb you're seeing
comes from that'd be very helpful.
Thanks.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - IBM, XML Standards Strategy Group / W3C AC Rep.