Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Markus Karg <ka...@quipsy.de> on 2012/02/21 19:13:26 UTC

How to correctly make an EJB module dependend of the interface JAR of a RAR?

I have set up a typical EAR scenario, where a EJB module and a RAR
module are packaged into a EAR module (using the respective package
types of ear, ejb and rar). To be able to compile the EJB module, I have
to make it dependend of the interface JAR (which is later packed into
the RAR) with compile scope. But, this leads to the fact that the EAR
later contains not only the EJB and the RAR, but also the interface JAR.
As the interface JAR already is contained in the RAR, this is redundant.
What is "The Maven Way" to prevent this redundance, so the EAR will not
contain the additional interface JAR?

Re: How to correctly make an EJB module dependend of the interface JAR of a RAR?

Posted by Stephen Coy <st...@resolvesw.com>.
I suspect that you will have deployment issues if the EJB module does not have visibility of the interface classes.

You should perhaps be placing this jar in the EAR/lib directory (assuming a JEE5+ compliant container) and sharing it between the RAR and EJB jar.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> types of ear, ejb and rar). To be able to compile the EJB module, I have
> to make it dependend of the interface JAR (which is later packed into
> the RAR) with compile scope. But, this leads to the fact that the EAR

This is the wrong scope for such a use. Use provided.

Wayne