Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ola nowak <ol...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/23 08:26:36 UTC

problem with parsering (using Tika) on remote glassfish

Hi all!
I'm using Tika parser to index my files into Solr. I created my own parser
(which extends XMLParser). It uses my own mimetype.
I created a jar file which inside looks like this:
src
|-main
    |-some_packages
        |-MyParser.java
    |resources
        |-META-INF
            |-services
                |-org.apache.tika.parser.Parser (which contains
some_packages.MyParser.java)
        |_org
            |-apache
                |-tika
                    |-mime
                        |-custom-mimetypes.xml

In custom-mimetypes I put the definition of new mimetype becouse my xml
files have some special tags.

Now where is the problem: I've been testing parsing and indexing with Solr
on glassfish installed on my local machine. It worked just fine. Then I
wanted to install it on some remote server. There is the same version of
glassfish installed (3.1.1). I copied-pasted Solr application, it's home
directory with all libraries (including tika jars and the jar with my
custom parser). Unfortunately it doesn't work. After posting files to Solr
I can see in content-type field that it detected my custom mime type. But
there are no fields that suppose to be there like if MyParser class was
never runned. The only fields I get are the ones from Dublin Core. I
checked (by simply adding some printlines) that Tika is only using
XMLParser.
Have anyone had similar problem? How to handle this?
Regards,
Ola