Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by christopher justin <ch...@hotmail.com> on 2004/01/30 19:10:45 UTC

return type of an XML doc ?

I need to return a list of customer records from a database and preferrably
that list be a XML document itself.  I understand the Bean Serialization
when needing complex types, but has anyone had to return an XML document
itself as a result ?

I am wondering the best approach for returning an XML document - is it
concidered a complex type that I need to serialize some how, or is there
underlying functionality in Axis that will simply allow me to return a
Document type as a result?  I want to avoid SOAP attachements if at all
possible.

Thanks for any ideas all...

chris

Re: How to tell Axis what WSDL to publish?

Posted by Jeff Greif <jg...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
put <wsdlFile>/myWsdlFile.wsdl</wsdlFile> as a child of the <service>
element
in your deployment descriptor and put the wsdl file in axis/WEB-INF/classes/

Jeff

Posted by Kartik <pa...@yahoo.com>.

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/