Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Rich M <ri...@moremagic.com> on 2010/10/26 20:46:58 UTC

5.1.0.5: Supporting mixins in user defined components

Hi,
how do you provide parameters to a mixin when you are doing an
Implementation Mixin? I'm running in 5.1.0.5 and the documentation isn't
very clear on this. I have the code below in the component class where I
would like to add the mixin, but I need to get the template parameters
to this component to finally place into the proper parameters of the mixin.

@Mixin

private DeleteConfirm deleteConfirm;

Thanks,
Rich

Re: 5.1.0.5: Supporting mixins in user defined components

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Currently Tapestry doesn't support parameters in implementation mixins,
user-defined or not.

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 18:26:13 -0200, Rich M <ri...@moremagic.com> wrote:

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor

Re: 5.1.0.5: Supporting mixins in user defined components

Posted by Rich M <ri...@moremagic.com>.
Hmm, I suppose I wasn't clear enough. I'm using mixins just fine from
templates and I'm well aware of the @Parameter annotatation, but I
wanted to have a mixin attached to a customer component I have written,
and this component is included in templates for page classes. Part of
the intention of this custom component is to avoid the template author
from having to explicitly declare some of the mixin parameters, which
the component should be handling. So in the component I include the
mixin with the @Mixin annotation, what I'm trying to get at is how to
provide the values to the parameters of the mixin in this scenario. I'm
not using a template for the component, it uses render methods.

Thanks,
Rich

Posted by Norman Franke <no...@myasd.com>.