Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2008/11/06 12:00:18 UTC

Grad Proposal - Jonathan missing ?

Hi Carl,

I think Jonathan is missing from the committer list on the graduation
proposal.

Regards,
Marnie

Re: Grad Proposal - Jonathan missing ?

Posted by Jonathan Robie <jo...@redhat.com>.
Carl Trieloff wrote:
> Marnie McCormack wrote:
>> Hi Carl,
>>
>> I think Jonathan is missing from the committer list on the graduation
>> proposal.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Marnie
>>

> thx,
>
> Jonathan, if you would like to be on the PPMC, please mail the private
> list and indicate so. More info on the PPMC can be found here:
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html
>
> Carl.

Thanks - I'm doing that right now.

Jonathan

Re: Grad Proposal - Jonathan missing ?

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Daniel Kulp wrote:
> On Thursday 06 November 2008 9:28:11 am Rajith Attapattu wrote:
>
>> I also thought it was a list of committers.
>> All though at some point we did compile a list of folks that wanted to
>> remain on the PMC post graduation.
>>

> No, it's the PMC list.   That's really all the board cares about as it's the
> PMC that is the legal representation of the project and is legal responsible
> for the project.
>
> Projects can vote in committers and the board doesn't even know about it.
> Adding a PMC member requires the notice to the board and board acknowlegment.
>
> Dan

Thanks, there was confusion on this point last time round. Someone on
the general list posted that
that "the project" is the committer base.  I'll clarify with our mentors.

Carl.

Re: Grad Proposal - Jonathan missing ?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Grad Proposal - Jonathan missing ?

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
>  I've looked before but not been able to find info on our PMC
> membership and I thought the list was committers ?

the project is defined as that list, so it is the committer based on the
graduation discussions that happen last time we tried. So
they are omissions/mistakes on my part.

I will repost the resolution after I have collected feedback/corrections
for a day or two.

Carl.

Re: Grad Proposal - Jonathan missing ?

Posted by Jonathan Robie <jo...@redhat.com>.
Thanks for catching this! I also sent an email to the private list
inquiring about the PMC.

Jonathan

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Jonathan is missing from the resolution.

Sorry for the confusion, as I used the same mail to tell Jonathan about
the PPMC...

Carl.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Ted Ross wrote:
> Well, if it's a list of committers, my name's missing too.

ack,

did I miss anyone else - I see Ted is also missing from our status page.

Carl.

Re: Grad Proposal - Jonathan missing ?

Posted by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>.
Well, if it's a list of committers, my name's missing too.

-Ted

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
I also thought it was a list of committers.
All though at some point we did compile a list of folks that wanted to
remain on the PMC post graduation.

Regards,

Rajith

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 9:24 AM, Marnie McCormack <
marnie.mccormack@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi Carl,
>
> Is the list on the grad proposal our PMC ? I've looked before but not been
> able to find info on our PMC membership and I thought the list was
> committers ?
>
> Sorry if I have the wrong end of the stick.
>
> Bfn,
> Marnie
>
> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
> >  Marnie McCormack wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Carl,
> >>
> >> I think Jonathan is missing from the committer list on the graduation
> >> proposal.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Marnie
> >>

> > thx,
> >
> > Jonathan, if you would like to be on the PPMC, please mail the private
> > list and indicate so. More info on the PPMC can be found here:
> > http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html
> >
> > Carl.

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat