Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com> on 2014/11/05 02:22:38 UTC

Question about XenServer plug-ins

Hi,

In XenServerStorageProcessor there are several times when we make calls to
XenServer plug-ins (for example, to download a template from secondary
storage to a XenServer SR).

In Xenserver625StorageProcessor we seem to handle this kind of work in Java
code instead of calling into the XenServer plug-ins.

I was curious if anyone remembers the history behind this transition?

Thanks!

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

Re: Question about XenServer plug-ins

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Great - thanks, Alex.

I remember looking for a version 6.2.5 of XenServer about nine months ago
(because of that name in CloudStack) and finding out it doesn't actually
exist. :) That it is, in fact, 6.2 + a patch or two.

What this mainly interests me for is that I need to perform some activity
on 6.1 that I've updated the code for and it looks like I'll need to
provide a similar implementation for 6.2.5 so that that same functionality
works on that platform (because it seems like we can't rely on those
plug-ins as much in 6.2.5). Do you agree?

Thanks!

Posted by Alex Huang <al...@gmail.com>.
Mike,

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 5:22 PM, Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com