Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mi...@seagate.com on 2006/06/08 18:48:18 UTC

CVS checkout problem

Hi,

I want to use cvs to check out the Tomcat 5.0 source.  First I used the
ant with the default build.xml, but I got the following error:

[cvs] cvs [checkout aborted]: connect to
cvs.apache.org(140.211.166.113):2401 failed: Connection refused

Then I tried to connect to the cvs server manually by using the following
command:

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login

I was able to connect to the server but when I use the 'anoncvs' as the
password, the server rejected and the output was the following:

cvs [login aborted]: connect to cvs.apache.org(140.211.166.113):2401
failed: Connection refused

So I am wondering that has the password for user "anoncvs" been changed or
the cvs server was no longer availabel or something else?

Thanks a lot,

Michael

Re: CVS checkout problem

Posted by Edmund Urbani <em...@liland.org>.
Michael.Zhang@seagate.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to use cvs to check out the Tomcat 5.0 source.  First I used the
> ant with the default build.xml, but I got the following error:
>
> [cvs] cvs [checkout aborted]: connect to
> cvs.apache.org(140.211.166.113):2401 failed: Connection refused
>
> Then I tried to connect to the cvs server manually by using the following
> command:
>
> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
>
> I was able to connect to the server but when I use the 'anoncvs' as the
> password, the server rejected and the output was the following:
>
> cvs [login aborted]: connect to cvs.apache.org(140.211.166.113):2401
> failed: Connection refused
>
> So I am wondering that has the password for user "anoncvs" been changed or
> the cvs server was no longer availabel or something else?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Michael

Not sure whether the Tomcat CVS repository is still online at all. AFAIK
it has all been moved to SVN. See http://tomcat.apache.org/svn.html

Regards,
 Edmund