Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by akkachotu <ak...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/11 08:02:35 UTC

Can WSS4J validate signatures formed using self-signed certificate?

I am having a consumer that uses Self-Signed-Certificate, public key,
private key created using java keytool command. Now if I generate a WS
Security 2004 complaint XML Signature using these
Self-Signed-Certificates, public key, private key and send the request
soap message to a provider that uses AXIS + WSS4J to validate the
signature in the soap message then can WSS4J on the provider side
validate such signature? Or do we have to use only
CA-Signed-Certificate, public key and private key to generate a
signature inorder to make WSS4J validate such signature. Please
clarify ?

Thank you for your time and reply.

Re: Can WSS4J validate signatures formed using self-signed certificate?

Posted by iceal thaddeus lim <ic...@gmail.com>.
I have a similar problem.

How do I Encrypt using Axis and WSS4J, by using WSDL2Java (if its even
possible)?

Thank you all in advance

Ice