Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@wso2.com> on 2013/09/26 16:45:29 UTC

AWS EC2 VPCs vs Security Groups

Hi All,

How can I specify security groups for an instance that will be starting in
a VPC?

Currently, I'm using AWSTemplateOptions' securityGroups operation, but
seems that has no effect (jclouds.wire doesn't send security groups in the
instance creation request).

Highly appreciate any help.

--

Thanks & regards,
Nirmal

Senior Software Engineer- Platform Technologies Team, WSO2 Inc.
Mobile: +94715779733
Blog: http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/

Re: AWS EC2 VPCs vs Security Groups

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@wso2.com>.
BTW, thanks to Adrian and Andrew Bayer for giving me some tips.

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.
Actually, the JCLOUDS-242 thing was me messing up and using names when I
should've been using IDs. =)

A.

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@wso2.com>.