Posted to dev@kudu.apache.org by Anu Nair <an...@ericsson.com> on 2016/08/02 17:15:14 UTC

Want to contribute

Hi

I would like to be a contributor to the apache kudu project. Please let me know the process.

Thanks
Anu Nair

Re: Want to contribute

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@phdata.io>.
Hi,

Great to hear you are interested! :) There are many ways to contribute,
covered here: http://kudu.apache.org/community.html#contributions

If you have an engineering background, I can suggest my personal approach:

1. Get the build to work
2. Look through JIRA at minor/trivial changes to get started
3. Looking at patches under review (I don't comment on most of the patches
I review, but they help me understand the code.)
4. Find a niche, preferably one that you seen isn't well maintained at
present.

Cheers,
Brock