Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Bogdan Ciprian Pistol <bo...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/14 10:27:16 UTC

[Vysper] XMPP BOSH Integration tests

Hi all,

For the integration tests, using a client like Jakarta Commons
HttpClient would test the raw functionality, but I was thinking also
at some test framework like Selenium, What do you think of these kind
of tests?

Another question is: if Selenium is the way to go for integration
tests then how to get access to the Selenium framework, does Apache
infrastructure already has this, or seleniumhq.org would be
appropriate?

Thanks,

Bogdan

Re: [Vysper] XMPP BOSH Integration tests

Posted by Bogdan Ciprian Pistol <bo...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 1:03 AM, Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> wrote:
> I think using a basic HTTP client would be way simpler than Selenium
> for this purpose.
Ok, then I'll postpone this until the end of GSoC.

> I'll even volunteer to code something up if you
> don't mind. That way we'll get two independent BOSH implementations
> which might help ironing out some bugs.
I don't mind at all, I agree with you that it will help find more
potential bugs.

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Bogdan Ciprian Pistol
<bo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For the integration tests, using a client like Jakarta Commons
> HttpClient would test the raw functionality, but I was thinking also
> at some test framework like Selenium, What do you think of these kind
> of tests?

I think using a basic HTTP client would be way simpler than Selenium
for this purpose. I'll even volunteer to code something up if you
don't mind. That way we'll get two independent BOSH implementations
which might help ironing out some bugs.

> Another question is: if Selenium is the way to go for integration
> tests then how to get access to the Selenium framework, does Apache
> infrastructure already has this, or seleniumhq.org would be
> appropriate?

We should be able to run Selenium in our Hudson infrastructure.

/niklas