Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Daniellla Massamba <ma...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/19 21:23:52 UTC

Filter ascii

Hello i have a problem because i have a document that i can not read because of the ascii filter. The document is now only showing « # ». Please help me find back my document this is very important.
Sorry if my english is not perfect i’m french.
Kind regards

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Re: Filter ascii

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Wed, 19 Jun 2019 23:23:52 +0200
Daniellla Massamba <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello i have a problem because i have a document that i can not read because of the ascii filter. The document is now only showing « # ». Please help me find back my document this is very important.
> Sorry if my english is not perfect i’m french.
> Kind regards

A file that opens as ### is damaged - possibly because of over-hasty power off of the computer before the internal buffers in the hard drive had written to disk.

You may be able to recover a previous version of the file - see https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=85038 a tutorial on how to find and un-delete AOO temporary files for detailed instructions on how to

a) use Previous Versions (W7 and later) to recover previous versions of the file ;

b) recover your file as it was when you last opened or saved it, or as it was when it was last saved with AutoRecovery;

c) find previous versions of the file in the folder it is located in, but which have since been deleted;

d) un-delete the temporary files AOO wrote while you were editing the file, and then deleted.  This will recover your file as it was when you last opened or you last saved it.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>