Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Chris Means <cm...@intfar.com> on 2002/08/19 00:02:13 UTC

Some poor template/examples in config.xml for db repository?

Hi,

I was converting over the rest of my install to use MySQL when I ran into
trouble moving the "error" and "outbound" repositories...

A "template/example" in config.xml is:

  <repositoryPath> db://conf/mail-error.properties </repositoryPath>

however, I got a SQL error in the console that the "repository_name" field
couldn't be blank.  (I also got an error about "mail-error" for the table
name.)

The following format worked fine however.

  <repositoryPath> db://maildb/mailerror/error </repositoryPath>

"maildb" is a defined datasource.
"mailerror" is the name of the table created.
"error" is what is put in the repository_name field for each row inserted.

If there's a better way of doing what I did, please let me know, or if I
simply missunderstood the template/example...feel free to set me straight.

Thanks.

-Chris

RE: Some poor template/examples in config.xml for db repository?

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> A "template/example" in config.xml is:
>
>  <repositoryPath> db://conf/mail-error.properties </repositoryPath>

You must be looking at an old configuration example.  The current
configuation sample does not have that error.  If I have missed that error
in the CVS, please let me know.

	--- Noel