Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rahul Bhardwaj <ra...@in.ibm.com> on 2004/09/16 16:32:09 UTC

Multiple Instances of Tomcat5 on SunOS5.8

HI,

We need to ve multiple instances of Tomcat5 on SunOS5.8.

1.      Can I just ve 2 server.xml with different name and configuration
under single Tomcat installation and then start the Tomcat with -f option
to point to     the specific server.xml.

2.      Or Do I ve to make 2 directory structure for each Tomcat instances
containing all the sub directories/files present in standard installation
?
        And then modify the server.xml in each instnce ...!!
        Moreover set the CATALINA_BASE in the startup script of each
instance...Is it correct ?

In any case I should be able to run the 2 instances parallely ?

Can anyone help in letting me know the simplest step by step procedure to
do the same.

I 'd appreciate an early reply.

Thanks & regards,
Rahul