Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Joerg Erdmenger <jo...@woerd.com> on 2002/05/29 08:36:45 UTC

slightly OT: Good offline reading?

Hi there,

I know it is off-topic but I thought asking people with similar interests
is always a good idea.

I'm looking for some good offline reading or more precisely some Java
periodical worth reading. I'm mainly interested in server side Java,
Databases and practical coding issues (rather than highlevel enterprise
technology views).
Sometimes I just like to be able to do some learning/get some ideas from a
medium easily taken with you/not running out of battery power.
Any suggestions? Is Java Developers Journal any good (even though the have
the worst website ever)?

Thanks

Joerg