Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Benoit Jacquemont <be...@smile.fr> on 2001/04/06 15:04:59 UTC

RE: TomCat installation

Hi David,

There's really good documentation with the Tomcat 3.2.1 distribution:
howto-tomcat et howto-tomcat-apache. I use these well-written to build my
systems based on Tomcat and Apache, and they're work great.

Anyway, since Tomcat is a Java program, you just need to copy it into a
directory and expand all the file and directory from the tar.gz.
Then set the JAVA_HOME environment variable to your java path (for example:
/usr/local/jdk1.3), and use the startup.sh/bat script which is in the
TOMCAT_HOME/bin directory. Sometimes, on Windows, you need to start once the
tomcat_env script before starting tomcat to set all the environment
variables...

Benoit