Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dawn Yang <dd...@qualcomm.com> on 2002/09/24 21:14:04 UTC

[users@httpd] help on enable SSL for apache1.3.26

Hi,

I need to enable ssl for apache1.3.26.  I downloaded openssl0.9.6g and
mod_ssl-2.8.10-1.3.26.  And followed the step of the INSTALL file which came
with mod_ssl.  But when I restarting the apache.  I received the following
warning:

Load DSO /opt/netegrity/siteminder451/webagent/lib/mod_so.so uses plain
Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it
with -DEAPI)
Load DSO libexec/mod_wl.so uses plain Apache 1.3API, this module might crash
under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)

What is EAPI?

Thanks,

Dawn

Re: [users@httpd] help on enable SSL for apache1.3.26

Posted by Robert Porter <ro...@rp2c.com>.
On Tuesday 24 September 2002 04:05 pm, John Darin Holloway wrote:
> Try a test build following these instructions exactly,
> http://www.modssl.org/example/  I'll lay odds your makefile in the apache
> directory did not get the EAPI switch thrown for some reason, probably
> trying to support extra modules/PHP in the build.

Coincidentally I was about to post with the exact same issue, I followed your
suggestions and everything except PHP works.  I get an error message saying
that:

Syntax error on line 205 of /path-to-apache/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'LoadModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration

Line 205 of my previously working httpd.conf is:
LoadModule php4_module        libexec/libphp4.so

Any suggestions?  I am using Apache 1.3.26 and PHP 4.2.1 OpenSSL 0.9.6g and
mod_ssl 2.8.10-1.3.26 on RedHat 7.3

All of the above have been built from source not RPM installed.

--
Cheers,

Robert Porter			http://www.rp2c.com
RP2C Inc			robertporterATrp2cDOTcom

Re: [users@httpd] help on enable SSL for apache1.3.26

Posted by John Darin Holloway <jd...@blue.net>.
Try a test build following these instructions exactly,
http://www.modssl.org/example/  I'll lay odds your makefile in the apache
directory did not get the EAPI switch thrown for some reason, probably
trying to support extra modules/PHP in the build.

John Darin Holloway
Web Developer and System Administrator, Bluegrass Network, LLC
jdholloway@blue.net  ---  http://www.blue.net