Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Mirek Binas <Mi...@cnl.tuke.sk> on 2008/06/10 10:03:46 UTC

Unresolved package in bundle

hello

i am newbie in the felix, osgi and service creation. at the moment i work on one special service, which needs special package to work properly (creating a service with the text-to-speech ability). i have no problem with the compilation, with the package creation. i have also no problem installing the package. but, when i try to start it, i get following error:

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved package in bundle 7: package; (package=javax.speech.synthesis)

starting from the cache gives huge output ;) :

ERROR: Error starting file:output/monami.speech.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved package in bundle 7: package; (package=javax.speech.synthesis))
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved package in bundle 7: package; (package=javax.speech.synthesis)
   at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix._resolveBundle(Felix.java:1677)
   at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix._startBundle(Felix.java:1544)
   at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1497)
   at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setFrameworkStartLevel(Felix.java:1092)
   at org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:258)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

the felix cannot "recognize" the package javax.speech.synthesis. i was trying to find the solution, i was trying to put the path to the package in conf.properties in here: org.osgi.framework.system.packagesorg.osgi.framework.system.packages, but nothing helped.

so - i hope, you are more experienced than me and you already know, what is this problem about. i will appreciate any help.

i am using netbeans, felix and ant.

mirek
--
e-mail: mirek[[at]]cnl.tuke.sk
jabber: mirek[[at]]jabbim.sk

english:

slovak:
prosim, neposielajte mi prilohy vo formatoch .doc, .docx a .ppt (power point)
precitajte si http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.cs.html

Re: Unresolved package in bundle

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
If javax.speech.synthesis is on the system class path, you should just
be able to edit the org.osgi.framework.system.packages property in
config.properties, like you mention below. You do not need to put the
path to the package, though, just add the package name to this property.

-> richard