Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michelle Buckley <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2001/09/10 14:07:52 UTC

nt service + nt service

hi guys and gals

I have a slight problem and need some help, I have trawled the lists and
havent found my answer yet...

I have set up tomcat to run as an nt service using jk_nt_service, which
works well, as in it starts the service for me. But I am still getting a
problem, when i try to run serlvets, it keeps coming back with a db error,
saying that that it couldnt get a connection..

If I stop the service and start tomcat using 'startup' instead, my serlvets
run perfectly....can anyone point me to the answer to my problem?

Cheers and TIA,
MB

Re: Linux

Posted by Chris Beggy <ch...@kippona.com>.
<ja...@spunkysoftware.com> writes:

> What distro of Linux do you have? If you have RedHat, you can install a
> Tomcat RPM and that's it, it does all the work for you. Do a google search
> for Tomcat RPM or whatever. If you have RedHat and a powertools CD, the
> Tomcat RPM should be on your powertools CD.

If you want to compile from source:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/site/sourceindex.html

Docs are in the source tarballs.

Chris

Re: Linux

Posted by Zamek <za...@vili.pmmf.hu>.
> What distro of Linux do you have? If you have RedHat, you can install a
> Tomcat RPM and that's it, it does all the work for you. Do a google search
> for Tomcat RPM or whatever. If you have RedHat and a powertools CD, the
> Tomcat RPM should be on your powertools CD.

or...

if you have Debian Linux: apt-get install tomcat
if you have any other non rpm, non deb or you don't want to use package-s,
you can donload a .tgz from

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/index.html

install instruction included in tgz

bye
--
Zoltan Zidarics programmer
PTE University Pecs, Boszorkany 2.

Re: Linux

Posted by Chris Beggy <ne...@kippona.com>.
"Hakan Kutucu" <ku...@galois.iyte.edu.tr> writes:

> Sorry I have forgetten to mention about the distribution. My linux is
> Slacware 7.0 does the tomcat rpm that you told me work with Slackware?

I run slack and tomcat compiles and runs fine in both standalone
mode, and as mod_jk in apache.

Chris

Re: Linux

Posted by Allan Kamau <hu...@yahoo.com>.
you may download the *.gz version of tomcat then run
<linuxcounsol>
$tar xvfz tomcatfile.tar.gz
</linuxcounsol>
to extract the tomcat files together with where
directory organisation.
Once you've done this edit your startup script file, I
use the '/etc/profile'. Modify this file and add the
TOMCAT_HOME (or CATALINA_HOME if using TC4) with
values corresponding to the directory location within
which you've installed/extracted tomat.

once you've done this, logout then login again (so
that the contents of /etc/profile are ran).

now execute
<linuxcounsol>
$ sh $TOMCAT_HOME\startup.sh &
</linuxcounsol>
you may now access tomcat at http://localhost:8080/

Allan.

http://im.yahoo.com

RE: Linux

Posted by Hakan Kutucu <ku...@galois.iyte.edu.tr>.
Sorry I have forgetten to mention about the distribution. My linux is
Slacware 7.0 does the tomcat rpm that you told me work with Slackware?

> I want to install tomcat to my Linux machine. Where can I find any
> document for this and What shall I do? Thanks...
>
> Hakan

Re: Linux

Posted by ja...@spunkysoftware.com.

Linux